Thursday, June 6, 2013

How I Saw Zurich

I tried out my German while ordering this cappuccino...needless to say, it turned from German to Spanish to Gibberish.
One of many cool bridges connecting the new and old sides of the city.
Because sometimes Switzerland is perfect.
LOLZ. I thought of all the Rock girls when I saw this.
Ok. So I don't think I mentioned it, but Zurich is just like Portland, but more posh. Bikes everywhere, similar public transportation, the hippest of all people, etc. etc. etc. etc. I could go on forever about why Zurich is Portland...or the other way around.
One nice ferry.
The first swans spotted. Luckily for us, they were definitely not the last.
Pretty nice fountain. I wanted to sit on her lap, but then I thought twice about it.
There is a lot of graffiti in the city, but none like this. So cool, so alluring.
Chillin on the wall of a church circa 1490.
The swankiest restaurant with the swankiest courtyard seating with the cutest menus. Say what you want, I think that she looks like a young Meryl Streep.
Just one example of the immaculate architecture.
We found this McDonald's cup hanging out outside of one of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen.
And here's the beautiful church with a beautiful mother-son duo.
Alice and I camped out with the swans for a couple hours.
Many people were hanging out at the waterfront all day (just another reason why Zurich and Portland are the same).
What's up, Yoga Duck!
A beautiful ending to a beautiful day...
But not before the coolest jigsaw bark in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment